The Lagos State Government has unveiled a programme of events to celebrate Eid-il-Fitri with all Muslim faithful by hosting all adherents to a get-together in designated centres across the 20 Local Governments of the State.
#Mushin and #OdiOlowo celebration is planned to hold at NITEL playing ground just by FIIRO, Agege Motor Road, Cappa, Mushin LG – #MushinToTheWorld
The event, tentatively scheduled for Sunday 25th June 2017, SUBJECT to sighting of the moon signalling the end of the holy month of Ramadan, will commence from 11am till 2pm at the underlisted centres across the State:
1. Agege Stadium, Stadium Complex, Agege LG
2. Ago Hausa, Ajegunle, Ajeromi Ifelodun LG
3. Abesan Mini Stadium, Abesan Estate, Mosan–Okunola, Alimosho LG
4. FHA Field, 23 Road, Festac Town, Amuwo Odofin LG
5. United Christian Secondary School, Apapa Water Works, off Liverpool, Apapa LG
6. VIP Chalet Badagry/Ascon Road, Badagry, LG
7. Marina Waterfront, Oju Alaro, Epe LG
8. Ruby Gardens, Tisco Bus stop, Eti-Osa LG
9. Iberekodo Primary School, Ibeju Lekki LG
10. Ifako-Ijaiye Mini Stadium, beside Ifako-Ijaiye General Hospital Ifako Ijaiye LG
11. Sky Power Ground, beside Arc. Bishop Vanning GRA, Ikeja LG
12. Ikorodu Ferry Terminal, Ikorodu LG
13. Emmanuel High Primary Sch., Emmanuel High Street, Off Ogudu Road, Ojota, Kosofe LG
14. 64 Freeman Street, Lagos Island LG
15. Evans Square, Carter/Simpson Street, Ebute-Metta, Lagos Mainland LG
16. NITEL Playing Ground, Agege Motor Road, Cappa, Mushin LG
17. Ojo Local Govt. Secretariat, Olojo Drive, Ojo Town, Ojo LG
18. Oshodi-Isolo Local Govt. premises, Oshodi LG
19. August Memorial, opposite Army Barracks, Morrocco Road, Somolu LG
20. National Stadium Open Space, Surulere, Surulere LG.
While extending Special Greetings to fasting Muslims, Governor Akinwunmi Ambode enjoined them to use the occasion of Ramadan to intensify their prayers for sustenance of the peaceful co-existence and religious harmony that exists in the State.
Governor Ambode restated his commitment to the inclusive governance policy that ensures wide participation of all residents in the affairs of the State, irrespective of religious or ethnic affiliations.
He urged all residents to celebrate the end of Ramadan with other faiths to strengthen the unity and cordiality in Lagos State.